21 April 2015
The aim of the practical guide is to assist health care providers, particularly primary care physicians in ensuring safe and optimal management of patients with diabetes during periods of fasting as in Ramadan.
This practical guide aims to address the following clinical questions:
1. What are the benefits and risks of fasting?
2. Who are at risk to fast?
3. How to screen and educate patients with diabetes prior to Ramadan?
4. What are the glycaemic targets during Ramadan?
5. How to monitor glycaemia in patients during Ramadan?
6. How to optimise lifestyle and anti-diabetic therapy?
This practical guide is applicable to adults with diabetes intending to fast as in Ramadan.
This practical guide is meant for all health care professionals involved in the management of patients with diabetes mellitus, both in primary care and hospital care.
Please download the full Guide below. Also available for downloading are a Quick Reference Guide, Patient Booklet and MOH Education Partnership Program...